Asthalin 100 mcg Inhaler is a drug for bronchodilator that works by relaxing the muscles that go to the lungs of a person. This, in turn, improves the airflow that goes to the lungs of a person. Asthalin 100 mcg Inhaler helps in preventing the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
Side Effects of Asthalin
The drug Asthalin comes with many minor and major side effects. They are listed below:
- Trembling and shaking of feet and arms
- Having an irregular heartbeat
- Spotting and skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of tongue, hands, lips, face, eyelids and feet.
- Anxiety and Agitation
- Spotting and skin rash
- Disturbance at the time of sleep
- Cramps in the muscles
- Difficulty in passing urine.
Uses of Asthalin 100 mcg Inhaler
Reasons for this drug prescription:
- Acute Asthma: This drug helps in preventing acute attacks that are caused by asthma. It can be a severe sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Asthma: This drug helps in reversing or preventing airway obstruction in patients who suffer from reverse airway obstruction or asthma which can happen because of bronchospasm.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease: This drug helps in preventing symptoms that are associated with lung diseases that end up blocking the airflow that flows up the lungs. It makes it very difficult for a person to breathe.
- Bronchitis: This drug helps in relieving and preventing the symptoms that come with Bronchitis. This condition makes the walls of the airways swell which makes it extremely difficult for a person to breathe.
- Uncomplicated Preterm Labor: This drug is used to delay as well as prevent labour in places where the chance of premature birth is really high.
When should one not use this medicine?
- Allergies: People who are allergic to Salbutamol or for that matter any other ingredient present in the drug Asthalin. Being allergic to any of these ingredients should keep people away from this drug.
- Pregnancy: This drug is a no-no for patients who are pregnant unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Doctors in these cases have an extensive discussion with the doctor regarding the risks and benefits of this medicine.
- Breast Feeding: This drug is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding. This drug has shown its results in the infant which is not considered to be good. It is under extreme circumstances where a doctor would prescribe this medicine to a patient.
- Interaction with other medicine: It is important to tell you doctor about all the present herbs and supplements taken by the patient. This keeps the doctor aware and makes him judge the repercussions of a drug in a proper way.
- Hypokalemia: This drug has a tendency to decrease the level of potassium which is a matter of caution for patients who hypokalemia.
- Other diseases: Any disease which includes heart and blood disorder, thyroid, electrolyte imbalance etc. requires the patient to be considerate before starting to use this medicine.
- Paradoxical Bronchospasm: This drug is known to worsen the symptoms caused by asthma. One should immediately consult their doctor if they face difficulty in breathing. In cases like these, the use of this medicine should be immediately stopped.
- Treatment Revaluation: There are times when a patient won’t feel any improvement in their condition and in cases like these it is essential to contact a doctor in order to get the treatment reevaluated.
- Excessively using the medicine: Using this drug excessively can cause some severe side effects. These side effects can be quite fatal in some cases.
- Allergic to milk proteins: This drug should not be used in patients who have a history of allergy from milk proteins.
- Use in elders: This drug should not be used in elders as it can reflect adverse side effects.
- Use in children: This drug should not be used by children as age plays an important role in determining the suitability of this drug.
- Missed Dose: The missed dose of this medicine should be taken as soon as a person remembers it. But if the time for the next dosage is near, it is important to skip the dosage altogether.
- Overdose: In case of overdose, it is advisable to contact your doctor as soon as possible. There are many symptoms of overdose which are faced by people. Some of them include: shaking, dry mouth, increased heart rate, fainting, convulsions etc.
The interaction of each drug varies from person to person. There are many possible interactions of this drug that one need to go through before starting to take this medicine. They are listed below:
- Interaction with Alcohol: The interaction of Alcohol is unknown as of now. However, it is advisable to drink minimum level of alcohol while taking this drug. Alcohol has a tendency to increase the side effects caused by this drug.
- Interaction with Medicines:
- Antidiabetic medicines including Insulin
- Heart Disease: This drug has a tendency to increase the heart rate as well as the blood pressure of a person. So patients with an active case of heart disease should consult a doctor before taking this drug. Proper screening is extremely necessary before beginning the dose of this medicine.
- People who are diabetic: This drug has a tendency to raise the blood sugar level of a patient. Therefore, for patients that are diabetic, it is important to stay cautious about the sugar level.
- Hypokalemia: This drug can bring down the level of potassium in the human body. Therefore one should stay cautious regarding their potassium level disorders while taking this medicine.
- Seizures: This drug can cause frequent seizures in patients who have seizure disorders. The pain, in that case, can be extremely high.
- Kidney Disease: This drug has a tendency to alter the functioning of kidneys. It is important to monitor the functioning of Kidneys while using this drug.
Food Interactions: Mineral oil should be used with caution. There are many adverse side effects that are associated with castor oil interacting with this medicine.
Information not available.
This is not an exhaustive list of possible drug interactions. You should consult your doctor about all the possible interactions of the drugs you’re taking.
Other important information
- The onset of action: This drug is known to show its effect within 5 minutes from inhaling it. The effect of this medicine can be seen for about half an hour.
- Duration of effect of this medicine: The effectiveness of this stays for about 3 to 6 hours. The inhalation version of this drug stays effective for a lesser period of time into the oral form of this drug.
- Is it safe to use this drug with Alcohol: The effect of this drug is unknown with alcohol? However, it is recommended to not drink while consuming this drug.
- How habit-forming is this drug?
This drug is not habit-forming at all. If you want to get more information about other good medication of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease? Then you can also get more detail about Singulair Medicine Reviews at Arrowmeds. This drug is mainly used to prevent the shortness as well as wheezing of breath which is caused by asthma attacks to an asthma patient.
Can this drug be used while being pregnant?
It is not ideal to use this drug while being pregnant. There are very few cases where this drug is made absolutely necessary. It is important to closely monitor the side effects of this drug and should be stopped immediately if asked to do so.